It’s essential to be aware of the evolving landscape of Cyber Security threats. Cybercriminals are becoming more sophisticated, and new threats emerge regularly.
Here is a list of the top 10 Cyber Security threats to watch out for in 2023:
- PHISHING ATTACKS
- What to watch For: Phishing emails and messages that trick you into revealing personal information or clicking on malicious links.
- Defence: Be cautious of unsolicited emails, verify sender identities, and never share sensitive information via email.
- What to watch For: Malware that encrypts your files and demands a ransom for their release.
- Defence: Regularly back up your data, keep software updated, and be cautious of email attachments and downloads.
- What to watch For: Malicious software that can infect your devices, steal data, or cause damage.
- Defence: Use antivirus software, keep your software updated, and avoid downloading from untrusted sources.
- INSIDER THREATS
- What to watch For: Malicious or negligent actions by employees or associates that can harm your organization.
- Defence: Implement access controls, monitor employee activities, and provide Cyber Security training.
- INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT) VULNERABILITIES
- What to watch For: Weakly secured IoT devices that can be exploited by hackers.
- Defence: Change default passwords, update IoT firmware, and segment your IoT network.
- SUPPLY CHAIN ATTACKS
- What to watch For: Cybercriminals targeting third-party vendors to gain access to your systems.
- Defence: Vet your vendors’ Cyber Security practices and monitor their activities on your network.
- ZERO-DAY EXPLOITS
- What to watch For: Attacks that target unknown vulnerabilities in software.
- Defence: Keep software updated, use intrusion detection systems, and practice good cyber hygiene.
- SOCIAL ENGINEERING
- What to watch For: Manipulative tactics used by attackers to deceive individuals into revealing sensitive information.
- Defence: Educate yourself and your team about social engineering tactics, be cautious, and verify requests.
- DDOS ATTACKS
- What to watch For: Distributed Denial of Service attacks that flood your network, making it inaccessible.
- Defence: Use DDoS protection services, monitor network traffic, and have a response plan in place.
- CLOUD SECURITY RISKS
- What to watch For: Misconfigured cloud settings that expose sensitive data.
- Defense: Regularly review and update your cloud security settings, encrypt data, and use strong access controls.
Learn how to stay safer in this digital space that we live in, join us at SOUTECH HUB today: Enroll yourself or staff(s) in our company’s training program to gain valuable skills and knowledge about staying safer online.
Send us an email @ or contact 08034121380 to get started.